Sometimes, even the best of us run out of ideas to keep our Social Media profiles current and coming up with new ideas can feel like hitting your head against the wall.
We’d like to share with you some really simple and effective tips and tricks that may seem a little unorthodox, but can help you boost your Social Media presence and help keep the buzz going.
1. Join Similar Facebook Groups
They may seem like the epitome of annoyance at times, however, if you join groups that are similar to your product, service or industry, they can prove to be extremely beneficial in networking and getting your business out there. All you have to do is join open groups or request to join closed groups. Once joined, try the following:
– Post relevant content such as blog posts, questions for other members and (if permitted) links to your website
– Communicate with other members by asking/answering questions and speaking on discussions
– Network with like-minded members and connect with them on other platforms such as Twitter and LinkedIn
2. Wish a Happy Birthday to Your Facebook friends
It’s not just a good sentiment to wish ‘Happy Birthday’ to those on your friends list. It also creates an opportunity for you to catch up with those who you don’t keep in touch with as often and/or may not know about your new product or service. Starting a conversation with a friend on Facebook will mean more of your posts will appear in their news feeds.
Beware though: try to keep your message to simply “Happy birthday” and only initiate the subject about your business when it is appropriate.
3. Automate a Message to Everyone That Follows You on Twitter
Twitter is divided into 2 side: Those that check their Direct Messages (DMs) and those that believe that inbox is a landfill. Put aside the negative conception of the DMs and take advantage of those that frequently check their Twitter DMs. There are many programs out there that you can use to set this up. Try the following:
– Show your appreciation of the follower by saying thanks
– Keep the message short but attention grabbing. Try to stay away from sales pitches.
– Always include a link. This can be to your Facebook Page, a landing page or your website.
Stay tuned for more tips and tricks!