Brian Solis and Charlene Li are two brilliant go-to sources for social business advice.
Their work focused on studying the commonalities amongst businesses that were successful with social. They found it all came down to seven factors. You can read a brief outline below and then check out their funky infographic.
7 Success Factors of Social Business Strategy:
1. Define the overall business goals.
2. Establish the long-term vision.
3. Ensure executive support.
4. Define the strategy roadmap.
5. Establish governance and guidelines.
6. Secure staff, resources, and funding.
7. Invest in technology platforms that evolve.
You can read a more detailed breakdown of these points here.